We understand that the home building journey can be daunting. However, you can be assured when you build with Stonewood Homes. We will be right by your side every step of the way. Learn More
Seven Ideas for Winter Entertaining
Winter can be a difficult time of the year for entertaining – particularly when we are all used to firing up the BBQ and sitting outside on a warm summer’s evening. Whilst we all like to hibernate a little through winter, it can also be a great opportunity to transform your home into a warm, cozy, inviting place to entertain friends and enjoy some creature comfort.
So, settle down with a warm cup of tea and check out our top tips for preparing your home for a cosy evening with friends – you’re sure to impress and delight with these ideas:
1. Turn up that heat pump up or crank the gas fire to 10! A warm home is inviting and cosy – there’s nothing worse than being a cold guest
2. Light some cinnamon or pine tree scented candles to add a Christmassy, wintery feel to your home. Make sure you are burning them several hours before guests arrive to fill your home with a wonderful wintery aroma
3. Place fairy bud lights into trees or plants around your house. Or settle lights between candles for extra ambience. Don’t go too wild with lights everywhere - a few here and there will make your home feel magical
5. Comfort food always works for cold evenings. Start with soup, end with apple pie. What could go wrong! Here are some of our most favourite recipes for winter nights. Spiced Pumpkin Soup. Best Beef Stew (don’t forget the Yorkshire Puddings). Grandma Opel’s Apple Pie.
6. Decorate your dining table with wintery objects, candles, mandarins and frost white napkins. Check out our favourite idea here.
7. Lastly, relax! If you’ve organised your home, it’s warm and cosy, you have a stew on the go and an apple pie in the oven, we promise you, everything will be perfect!